Thursday, December 16, 2010

C is for cookie, it's good enough for me; oh cookie cookie cookie starts with C~ Cookie Monster


Who doesn’t like to munch on a little sugary biddy that fills your stomach with glee and turns your kitchen into a workshop? So to pay tribute to the baked goodness and the holiday season, this weekend I am hosting a cookie exchange and absolutely cannot wait!

Typically, I’d be excited on a completely different level. The event was pieced together through a social network so I don’t know a soul that is going. But we’ve all been messaging back and forth and everyone is dead set on coming.

Apart from not knowing anyone, there could be quite a bunch of people that turn up (up to 40 + which is still not fully confirmed and I’m trying my hardest not be edgy about it) and of course the entertaining aspect is great. This week the exchange was even featured in a weekly newsletter! I was like a proud mama hen, watching over this little exchange that could.

There is a bar in the city that during the holidays is a hot spot for serving Glogg (mulled wine)which have been nice enough to let us takee reign. Utter geekness, getting excited about turning into domestic goddesses and lordships (no way am I calling the guys a God unless they bake an almond cake with a chocolate ganache glaze just for me!) to have gotten this thing off of the ground.

Hosting a party….yes please! There is a little sadness with it since this type of exchange is taking place at a bar. Not to say the least that I’m not super excited for the mulled wine and tons of people who will show up because I totally am….but….there are several people that have children and it would have been nice to have been able to include their munchkins and do something like a cookie decorating section just for them. Maybe next year.

So X marks the spot, and my kitchenaid is going to get used to its utmost powers starting tomorrow. For the cookies, because several people are seriously bringing their baking side out hardcore, I am going to be making three different types.

-Gingerbread Snowflake Sammies with Lemon Meringue filling (the ever faithful recipe!)
-Guy Fieri’s Crazy Oatmeal Cookies
-Rugelach or Baklava (I’m still torn)

I love the holidays for these reasons, memories, sharing and good company! And TONS of cookies!

Of course the cheering antics are back: Game Night at the Saddledome. Please keep this streak alive! Hardwork and determination pays off but keep it going! Go Flames Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment